- Some VISA FREE destinations for South African passport holders
South America countries:
- Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela.
- Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Dominican Republic and Jamaica.
- Benin, Botswana, Cape Verde, Gabon, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Senegal, St. Helena Island, Swaziland, Tanzania (includes Zanzibar), Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Indian Ocean Islands:
- Maldives, Mauritius, Réunion and Seychelles.
Far East countries:
- Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
- I have a valid visitor visa for the USA; do I need a visa to enter Canada ?
Yes, you would need a separate visa to enter Canada. You can either obtain a single or multiple entries visa and this visitor visa for Canada must be obtained in South Africa prior to departure. Visa Box can help you with your visitor visa for Canada.
- What is the validity of the USA visitor visa?
This is at the discretion of the USA immigration officer. They could either grant you your exact stay or they could give you a maximum of up to 10 years.
- I am a South African passport holder; do I need a transit visa for Dubai?
No, South African passport holders can stay within the Dubai International Airport terminal for up to 11 hours visa free. However, passengers who wish to leave the Dubai International Airport require a visa which must be issued in South Africa prior to departure.
Visa validity options:- Visa is valid for up to 96 hours only - Visa is valid for up to 30 days only
- I am a South African passport holder; do I need a visa for Thailand?
No, South African passport holders can stay within Thailand visa free for up to 30 days only.
- I am a South African passport holder; do I need a visa for New Zealand?
No, South African passport holders can stay within New Zealand visa free for up to 3 months only.
- I am a South African passport holder; do I need a visa for the Republic of Ireland?
No, South African passport holders can stay within the Republic of Republic visa free for up to 3 months only. Be sure not to be confused with Northern Ireland which is part of the UK. South Africans require a UK visitor visa to visit Northern Ireland.
- I am a South African passport holder and I will transit through Australia on my way to New Zealand; do I need a transit visa for Australia?
No, some travellers do not need a transit visa if they:
– depart Australia by air within 8 hours of the scheduled time of their arrival
– hold confirmed onward booking and documentation necessary to enter the country of their destination
– remain in the transit lounge at an airport.
Note: Travellers changing airlines in Australia are advised to verify with their airlines whether they will need to personally re-check their luggage as part of the transiting process. If so, a visa will be required to retrieve and re-check their luggage before departure.